I didn't sleep much the night before our wedding. I don't remember what time I drifted off to sleep, but I do remember being awake well before dawn and forcing myself to try to sleep until six. After that I got up and typed up last minute changes to the schedule, labeled dishes, boxes and decorations with sticky note instructions and enjoyed those early solitary and productive moments before anyone else was awake. Before I knew it, it was time to go get our hair done and the day was off and running.
Time did slow down for a few moments. As a young girl I had dreamed of coming down our stairs with my gown swooshing behind me and having my groom waiting for me at the bottom. This is what we did, and how we arranged the 'our first sight' pictures. After that it was a glorious two and a half hours of taking pictures.
Oddly enough, it is the part of the day that sticks out in my mind the best. It was just the two of us, two friends to help and to drive and the photographer. Time moved slowly, like a fairy tale should. It was such a sweet time of excitement and anticipation for us to enjoy and share. It was my favorite part of the day, swooshing around in that dress, seeing my groom in his tuxedo, and spending the time *nearly* alone before all of the people came and the scheduled events started.
From there it went so fast I can scarcely remember it. Thank goodness for pictures!
What a busy, romantic, fantastic and special day it was.
![]() |
| Out taking pictures |
![]() |
| Just got back from taking pictures, checking in on the set-up I love these candid shots ;) |
![]() |
| And I thought I could pick just one! |
![]() |
| Married! |
![]() |
| I love him so much! |










Love the pictures! You look beautiful, he looks handsome and it looks like a perfect day! I, too, can remember waking up super early and being so nervous that I couldn't go back to sleep (not a problem I normally have). :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on two years!!! That is great. You look lovely and it was fun to see the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteI also got up early... not because I was nervous... because my wedding was at 11am and I had to be at the salon to start getting my hair done at 6:00am. Or maybe I was nervous but I pretended I wasn't since I had to be up anyway. That actually sounds more like me...
-Lisa