Wednesday, June 29, 2016

High Rock Lookout

All the trip reports will tell you, the roads getting there are rough, the trail is steep but fair and there are a few bugs along the way but oh my, is it worth it. The views from the top are just incredible.

The fire lookout is really cool. Sadly, it's so vandalized by the hundreds of people that trek up there. It's only about 1.8 miles so it's not enough of a commitment to weed out those that don't have enough respect for nature and history to leave the poor thing alone.

I, of course, took forever to make my way up. Incline is my arch nemesis and instantly makes my legs weigh a thousand pounds and feel lifeless. It's not a matter of if I'll make it, just when.

Trailhead... albeit not much of one.
I know, the hat. I lost my prescription sunglasses and this was my only solution.



A little bit of gentle trail

A glimpse of Mt. Rainier, some motivation to keep going


Some more motivation.

The end in sight

Just a crazy crag at the top


Mt. St. Helens


Mt. Rainier and Cora Lake peeking out from behind that rock.

Inside the look out

On the selfie platform ;)

the crazy scramble up to the look out. Not exactly the most kid friendly destination.

Snack break


Taking it all in






Getting ready to head back down

From the road.. that is the look out up there!

And another view of the majestic mountain on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!