Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Zoo!

We try to have a playdate with our friends once a month. Our October playdate was at the Woodland Park Zoo. This was Emerson and my first trips to this zoo but Lincs is an old pro. He goes with his dad pretty frequently. 

It was such a fun day! I'm a sucker for the zoo anyway but Emerson is so in to animals (and rocks) that I figured she'd love it. 

We had a good day with so many of the animals out and about to see. The kids were super cute as usual and Whit and I got in some good chatting. 

First up... I think it's the cheetah.

checking out the ducks and flamingos 

The jaguar was pacing for us to see!

Poisonous dart frogs I think


Look, a bird! 'Tweet, tweet!"

Another bird!

Red pandas

We had fun watching the gorillas!


And the penguins were pretty active.

They were noisy!



Checking out the kangaroo

The bears!

Snacks and an owl.. oh and sweet smiling faces!

Emerson slept through the elephant


The Mr. Lion!

Emerson almost missed these guys but woke up just in time.


I just love these sequence of pictures! I'm sure Whit will appreciate me posting them ;)


So cute!



Going in for a hug and a kiss

Group photo at the giraffes 


It was a perfect fall day!
We just love these friends so much! It's always worth the drive to get to spend some time with them, no matter what we do together. I have a feeling this won't be our last trip to the zoo! 

1 comment:

  1. Worth the wait! I actually do love the sequence of pictures... How can ou not with those little charmers. Another fave is the owl one of the two. Thanks for capturing the day so well!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!