Friday, September 21, 2012

TTC


DH, OPK, LP, BBT, BD, BFP, CF, CD, DPO, EDD, EWCM, HPT, LH, and the list goes on (and on, and on... here's a reference for all of these acronyms if you're really curious! Just know, you've been warned).

Every group loves their acronyms and the fertility world is no different. We are currently TTC and the researcher in me can't help but Google every thought that comes to my mind. In my Google searches I've come across all of these acronyms in one or more of the hundreds of forums and websites dedicated to conception and pregnancy. Some are easy to guess, while others don't make sense until the fifth time you've seen them in context and still others require the above referenced website. I had no idea there were so many acronym worthy terms involved in having a baby. Nor did I realize the intense online community of fertility/pregnancy. Technology age indeed.

I'm just an information junkie. We have only just started trying to conceive and really, the research isn't necessary until you've tried for a few months without success. I've been reading for months now. I just like knowing everything I can about the topic, it helps with the waiting game. Researching gives me an avenue to spend my excitement and pass the time. I love feeling like I understand what comes next and how things should happen. I also already know which brand of cloth diapers we'll use and which soft carriers/slings/wraps I prefer. I just like to be prepared.

It's been so fun to learn about all the ins and outs of conception, due dates and ovulation. I've never really known all these intricate details about my monthly cycle. It's a wonder anyone gets pregnant! The natural process our body goes through is amazing. So far, it isn't stressful, just exciting... but ask me again in six months if we haven't conceived. I've also noticed that Blake has a different level of tolerance for information. Too much and he takes it all too seriously and it seems to stress him a bit, whereas I feel like I can take in what I like/agree with, and leave the rest behind to make an informed opinion..

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we decided in June to start trying this fall (2012) instead of next fall (2013). It has made this summer such a memorable one! With each new summer activity, Blake and I have taken a moment to savor it and smiled to ourselves that next year, we'll be doing it with an infant (if it all works out okay). We are doing things that we might not otherwise make time for, and we are totally enjoying each others company. It kind of feels like we are newlyweds again and can't stand to be apart from each other. It's just been such a sweet time together, expectantly awaiting the newest adventure we'll face together.

The closer we get to being pregnant, the more I realize that we have no idea how our lives will change or what is in store for us... we just know that we're ready to experience it together and to grow in the Lord through it. Whatever this adventure brings us.

: :

Next baby post: Waiting

Previous baby post: The Baby Plan - Remix

1 comment:

  1. So, when I first was doing all this same research when I was trying to get pregnant with Toby, I was shocked to discover that you have to, um, "plant the seed" BEFORE ovulating. I seriously thought the egg came down first and just sat around waiting to be fertilized. (It would have taken us a LONG time to get pregnant had I not done my homework there). I suppose its sort of embarrassing how little I know about how our bodies work, but, now I just find it funny :)
    (Also I still use charting as birth control. I don't blog about it much because there isn't much to say, but should you ever have questions, feel free to ask).
    -LIsa

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!