Blake was great with the pressure washer all morning and finished the lower levels of the house and front porch. It made such a difference! I didn't think to get before and after pictures, but I did get some pictures of Jared and Blake working very hard to scrape stuff off the windows and Dad up on a ladder spraying the wasp’s nests. That was so gross! You can see the mud streaking down the eave!
Mom and I did a ton of weeding, mostly with the ferns in the lawn area below our house. It was pretty gross but looked a lot better once we got the dead stuff and unwanted plants out of there. Blake and Jared worked hard edging around all of the tree areas. There is still a lot of work to be done; next week the plan is to paint all of the newly washed trim.
Blake will do the painting, while I do some other bride duties. I have arranged a play date for my flower girls. We're a little worried about the youngest one, Blake's niece Emily. We're hoping that if she warms up to Ada, then she will really make it down the isle. Then that afternoon I am going bridesmaid dress shopping with my friend Alicia. It should be fun, despite her aversion to shopping!
We also knocked out all of the invitations this weekend. I got Blake to help finally and my mom pitched in too. You can expect to see them in the mail this week! I can't tell you how good it feels to cross some things off the list!!
On the last leg of the weekend, Blake came up to Seattle and took a load of my stuff over. It was the beginning of a long process. It was mostly the stuff from my closets but it made me realize how much stuff I have! I hope to purge a lot of it (yeah for Goodwill!) it's hard to think about moving to a new life. Things that I very rarely use but consider it worth the space to keep, craft supplies and research articles.. now I have to question if it's worth our space. Not only do I question if I think it's worth it, but is it worth taking up our limited combined space. Hopefully it will help me get rid of things I don't need (and make room for all those great wedding gifts!).
I got your wedding invite in the mail yesterday... yay!! Excited an rsvp card soon :)
ReplyDeleteYeah! I'm impressed with how fast it made it!
ReplyDeleteoops.. that was supposed to be "expect" an rsvp card soon!
ReplyDelete