First, my schedule is nice and I basically play with preschoolers all day - fun.
Second, Thursday is {almost} Friday.
Third, Thursdays is Bible study night, which I look forward to for the obvious reasons of fellowship and studying God's word.
Lastly, Thursdays are often the first night that I don't have to work after work, which gives me time to run errands, work late, or stop and take pictures at the park when the light is gorgeous. [segue].
Here are some pictures from this Thursday afternoon. I really love blossoms.
I like the creamy bokeh in some of these pictures but other than that I'm not actually that happy with them. It was really windy that day so in some pictures I put my scarf on the branch to show the movement of the wind. I like the colors and the contrasts but I'm really not sure how to edit these ones. I feel like they need something to liven them up and give them some character. I kind of feel that way with all of my pictures actually. They're okay.. but nothing special. It's time for me to get serious about post processing. Any suggestions?
| Edited with Picasa, using Lomo-ish filter. (I have no idea what that means) |
![]() |
| Basic crop/contrast/lighting with Picasa |
| Basic crop/contrast/lighting with Picasa |
![]() |
| Crop/contrast/lighting and saturation with Picasa |
| Basic crop/contrast/lighting with Picasa |


For me, those pictures I don't really love are just part of figuring out what I do love and how to achieve it. Keep playing!
ReplyDeleteWOW, the wind really was blowing! You did a good job catching crispness. Keep playing! This is how you learn what works, what doesn't and what you do and don't like. Composition is key. Really look at your individual images and make note of why you do or don't like an image. There should be something in the image that you want people's eye to catch first, second, third, etc...
ReplyDeleteWhen the composition is comfortable to your eye, you've got it :)
PS - not to say that your composition is off in these images by any means, just offering my suggestions for as you grow :)
ReplyDelete